Monday, July 25, 2011

Welcome to Food for Two~!

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog.
I recently started this blog for a communication course that I'm currently taking this summer 2011 at Drexel University. This blog focuses on food, from recipes to reviews in Philadelphia and the surrounding area! I will be concentrating on Asian cuisine because I want to show people that there are other types of food besides the mainstream Asian dishes.

What do you mean by "mainstream"?
When I say "mainstream," I'm talking about the Asian dishes that people typically associate a culture with instantly. For example, when you think of Chinese food, fried rice, kung pao chicken and egg rolls come to mind. Another example is sushi and Japan. I'm not saying that these food aren't great, but I want to show that there is more than what meets the eye!

Why did you choose to write about food? And why concentrate on Asian cuisine?
I simply love eating and trying out new food! Either it's just a simple snack or a full blown meal, I just love it! So, I wanted to create a blog where I can share what I know and all the pictures I have captured of food so far. 

As I mentioned before, I want to show others dishes that aren't as popular or well-known. I was raised eating Chinese and American food, so I felt kind of limited from the other cuisines out there in the world. I watched many movies, dramas and cartoons of other languages (like Japan) that showed food I never knew existed. I wanted to try them, but did not know where to go. I have a feeling that there are many other people like me who don't know where to look for these types of food in Philadelphia. So, I thought: why not make a blog and share this information?

Why is it titled "Food for Two"? And what's "om nom nom"?
The blog is called "Food for Two" because I have in mind that it's always better to eat with someone else, whether it's a friend, family member, or significant other---it's always better. Good food comes with good company & conversation! :]

"Om nom nom" is the sound produced when chewing big bites of something yummy in a hurry, just the the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street! Check out this video of Cookie Monster and the Origin of "Om nom nom"!


This is a super cute video! Cookie Monster is just adorable! Enjoy...om nom nom! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment